PolySmooth™ offers the possibility to easily post process a model to obtain a smooth surface. PolySmooth™ is designed for models which are hard to sand and post process such as figurines and cosplay props. PolySmooth™ is also the ideal choice for product design and prototyping to present a clean design replicating an injection molded surface.
- Safe and easy to post process.
- Excellent printability.
- Layer-free technology.
- Balanced mechanical properties (Characteristics similar to PLA).
- Smoothed with IPA.
Layer-Free™ technology involves exposing a 3D printed part to an aerosol of micro-sized alcohol droplets, generated by a rapidly vibrating, perforated membrane called the nebulizer. The aerosol will then be adsorbed by the surface of the 3D printed part and render it smooth and layer-free.
Methods of Smoothing
All methods of smoothing involve the use of IPA (Isopropyl alcohol) this can be applied using the following methods with increasing degree of control:
- Dip printed part into IPA. This method will work but will likely cause marks from the drops of IPA running down the part.
- Spray IPA onto printed part. This method has more control than the dipping method but precise application is required to prevent drips running down the part.
- Using a Polysher. This automated process applies a timed and controlled amount of IPA evenly to the part. This process has the most amount of control to produce the best looking parts.
|50°C for 12h
Let our Team guide you on purchasing the correct 3D equipment and materials for your next project by contacting us directly https://ec3d.co.za/contact-us/