- Personal information when used in this Policy means information that can identify you as an individual or is capable of identifying you. Personal information does not mean general, statistical, aggregated or anonymised information. The definition of “personal information”, as defined in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (“PAIA”) shall generally be applied for purposes of this clause 8 (PAIA may be downloaded from http://www.polity.org.za/attachment.php?aa_id=3569).
- Your use of EC 3D Printing Supplies's services signifies your consent to EC 3D Printing Supplies collecting and using your personal information as specified below.
- How EC 3D Printing Supplies collects information about you
- Your name, username, password, address, identity number, contact numbers and/or email address may be collected when you:
- register to use and/or purchase from the Website;
- communicate with the EC 3D Printing Supplies; and
- participate in promotions, competitions and the like.
- How EC 3D Printing Supplies uses your information
- EC 3D Printing Supplies uses (or may use) your information to –
- confirm that your orders have been received, couriered, delivered, delayed or the like;
- validate you as a customer when using EC 3D Printing Supplies services, in communication with you and when calling EC 3D Printing Supplies service line; and
- prevent and detect criminal activity, fraud and misuse of or damage to EC 3D Printing Supplies services or networks and prosecute those responsible.
- How long does EC 3D Printing Supplies keep your information for?
- The time period for which EC 3D Printing Supplies keeps your information may vary according to the use or purpose attached to the information. Unless there is a specific legal requirement requiring EC 3D Printing Supplies to keep your information, however, EC 3D Printing Supplies will not keep it for longer than necessary for the purpose for which the information was collected or for which it is to be processed.
- Disclosing your information to third parties
- EC 3D Printing Supplies may provide aggregate statistics regarding sales, customers, traffic patterns and other website information to third parties, but these statistics will not include any information that could identify you.
- EC 3D Printing Supplies allocates cookies during the registration process for EC 3D Printing Supplies's services. These cookies will hold information collected during your registration and will allow EC 3D Printing Supplies to recognise you as a customer and provide you with the services you require.
- How can you refuse or opt out of cookies?
- Most browsers are set by default to accept cookies automatically, but usually you can alter the settings of your browser to prevent automatic acceptance and to prompt you every time a cookie is sent to you or to allow you to choose not to receive cookies at all.
- How can you manage your privacy preferences?
- If you would like EC 3D Printing Supplies to stop processing your information for marketing purposes, please opt-out under “manage your account”, alternatively, email or write to EC 3D Printing Supplies at the address/es set out in clause 11 below.
- By subscribing as a user, you agree that you shall hold in the strictest confidence and not disclose to any third party information acquired in connection with any aspect of the goods and/or services offered by EC 3D Printing Supplies. You shall notify EC 3D Printing Supplies should you discover any loss or unauthorised disclosure of the information.
- Any information or material sent to EC 3D Printing Supplies will be deemed not to be confidential, unless otherwise agreed in writing by the user and EC 3D Printing Supplies.